Monday 1 December 2008

English Training Course - How to make suggestions

How to show that you have a suggestion:
-I wonder if I could say something.
-Sorry, can I come here?
-Can I just come here?
-I have a good suggestion.

How to make suggestion:
Formal:
-I tend to feel that we should be able to start testing the project in April.
-Well, from my point of view.
-Well, it seems to me that …
-I have the impression that…he didn’t really want to come.
-Don’t you think that that’s a little early?
-Well, one possibility would be to
-Perhaps we should
Informal:
-How about
-Basically, I think we have two options.
-Obviously, there’s only one choice.
-The way I see it, we’re heading for trouble.

How to accept a suggestion?
-Right, I can see what you mean.
-Yes, that might be worth trying.
-Okay, let’s do that.
-That’s not a bad idea.
-Yes, I think that would work really well.
-Good idea. /Great idea.

How to reject a suggestion?
-That’s a good idea, but I am not sure it would work.
-Good suggestion, but I …., to be honest.
-I am not really sure about that.
-Do you think so?

No comments: