Friday 28 November 2008

English Training Course - Talking about job

I am enjoying my annual leave today. I am supposed to have annual leave every year.
But I don't have chance to enjoy these days before this year. Now it comes to true.
Today we will talk about how to describe your job.
A. It is essential that you are able to talk about your job and the work you do. Use the following phrases to talk about your work.
-My job entails/involves
-I'm in charge of
-I'm responsible for
-My responsibilities include
-I report to
-I manage
-I oversee
-I work for/under

B.Question Match

1. What's your job? - I'm a supervisor in a logistis company called Express Move.
2. What does that involve? - I'm responsible for 13 warehouses staff and report to the site manage.
3. How long have you been in your present job? - I've worked here for about four years now.
4. Do you enjoy your work? -Very much. My job entails a lot of different tasks - from co-ordinating drivers to liasing with suppliers so i don't get bored.
5. Is there anything you don't like about your work? - Well the role involves bureaucracy - and I'm not very keen on that.
6. How do you spend your time when you're not working? - I enjoy team sports like rugby, but I don't play as regularly as I'd like.

C. Story in this course
Just a few days after this training course, Mr. Johnson, who is the chairman of our company, visits Dalian. It's a great honor to us. One of our colleagues introduce himself to the visitors started with 'I am .... I am responsible for .....My responsibilities include ....". Don't you think it is too nervous?

No comments: